Zucchini Pancakes




I sorta miss my blog.

I told myself I wouldn’t do any regular posting during my 21-day eCookbook challenge to keep myself on task and increase my odds of finishing on time (which I still am, and I’d love it if you signed up to get an email notification and discount when the eCookbook is done!) but let’s tell the truth here. There is a definite limit to the amount of thought that should be given to creamy cauliflower sauce in three short weeks. And besides, I miss taking pictures, sharing food, talking to you. That whole thing.

There was a morning somewhere between Day 7 and Day 10 where I woke up and mentally prepared myself to make four creamy cauliflower sauce pastas before lunch. Ready, set, go. And then this message came from my brain:

forget sauce. make something that has nothing to do with your eCookbook and is yummy to eat for breakfast and involves these greenies.


My mind went back to the most golden-delicious zucchini pancakes that I made way back during that time when Pinch of Yum was new-ish I wasn’t quite as serious with my recipe testing. Nowadays, I feel this responsibility to try my recipes at least once if not 700000 times before posting it just to make sure that it is just how I want it, and/or because I become obsessed with the actual food. But back at that time, I was just having fun and I had no real concept that people would rely on the recipes to turn out well. I just liked sharing what I was trying in the kitchen.

Exhibit A: zucchini pancakes. Cuz see, while I LOVED them back then, people would leave comments like, “Hey, this is a weird recipe and it didn’t turn out.” Not really that exactly, but basically, that. You can go look at them if you want. They were featured on Tasty Kitchen a while back, and again, more of the same confusion.

So it’s been on my to-re-do list for a while now, and now that I got the zucchinis from my in-laws (thankz l+v) I made it happen.


This time around I made the recipe 5 times. The first three were attempts to “fix” the original, and the last two just were starting over from scratch, semi-combining my favorite classic dinner pancake recipes with the zucchini pancakes idea.

I try to reserve this statement for only the most special posts, and this is just the moment I’ve been waiting for to whip out this claim: these pancakes are my favorite breakfast everrrrr. And Bjork’s current favorite, too. They are lightly sweet, just about as fluffy as zucchini pancakes can get IMO, and have great texture from a heaping spoonful of flaxmeal that snuck its way in there. Oh, hey double-whammy-healthy.

I smell a pancake win, topped with cottage cheese and blueberries and honey. <—- You must.

Comments